Philadelphia Employment Law News

January 2014 Archives

How to File an EEOC Complaint in Pennsylvania

If you believe that you were unlawfully discriminated against at work, you can file a discrimination complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Here are the three first steps to take to file an EEOC complaint in Pennsylvania:

Can Smokers Be Denied Job Offers?

A few hospitals in Pennsylvania began testing employment candidates for nicotine and could deny smokers from getting the job.

Treating nicotine like drugs and alcohol could mean that potential employees could lose their job offers if they test positive for nicotine, according to Philadelphia Magazine.

Although some people may think denying smokers the job is extreme, this isn't the first time that smoking has interfered with employment.